Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. We may collect some or all of the following types of personal information about you that you provide to us when you use the Services:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, mailing addresses, phone number, professional title, insurance information, and/or company name that you submit when you complete an online form to contact us.
- Communications that we exchange when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as the email address or contact details that we use to send marketing communications to you, your marketing preferences, and information about your responses to our marketing communications.
Data from other sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Content partners, such as internet streaming platforms and networks, that provide us information about their streaming audiences' devices and viewing activity.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors.
- Publicly-available sources, such as social media platforms.
- Business partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
Data collected automatically. We, our service providers and third-party partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on the Services and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g., Apple's ID for Advertising or Google's Advertising ID), general location information (such as city or state), and precise geolocation (if you permit our Services to access it from your device settings).
- Online activity data, such as the website you visited before browsing to our website, pages or screens you viewed on the Services, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Cookies. Some of our automatic data collection is facilitated by cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are small data files placed on your computer when you visit a site. We may set cookies when you use the Services to track user trends and patterns, help you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies used on the Services may also be set by analytics service providers and advertising partners. In addition to cookies, the Services and our emails may use pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) to compile statistics about use of the Services, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and indicate whether recipients of our emails open or click links within them.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Services;
- communicate with you about the Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, and support and administrative messages; and
- provide support for the Services, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information to administer surveys and other market research and for other research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create anonymous data (including aggregated and/or de-identified data) from personal information we collect. We convert personal information we collect into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
Compliance and operations. We may use your personal information to:
- operate our business;
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others' rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services or our business, such as customer service and support providers; technology providers (including technology support, web hosting providers, email and text communications providers, and mobile app developers); survey and market research providers; advertising and marketing partners; and analytics services providers.
Business transferees. Relevant third parties in the event of a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business, assets, or equity interests in TEGNA or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties on our Services, that information may be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
There are various ways in which you can opt out of our collection and/or retention of certain personal information we collect or receive from you through the Services:
Opt out of marketing emails. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, our Services may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Declining to provide information. We collect personal information to provide certain Services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those Services.
Other Sites and Services
The Services may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Children's Privacy Statement
This site is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a user under the age of 13 as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records.